Speed transducer & display

Kiteroa

Anyone got a working speed display and transducer kicking about?

Looking for a cheap one for the seagull racer. Testing on a river with a GPS is proving too tricky!

Thanks.

there's one in a boat here that's got to come out.

There's a good app called 'see you igc flight recorder' you can set the recording intervals in seconds, and there's a good free viewer available that runs in google earth

Sounds encouraging. Let me know what your man wants for it and we can make a deal.

Unfortunately my phone still has buttons and hasn't seen an app in it's life....

Cheers

Adrian

You’d be surprised at how high tech some of these guys are. It’s really a competition to secretly put in as much technology and development as possible whilst giving the illusion that you’re not taking at seriously as your competition. That way when some old bearded rooster smokes you in a plastic fold out dinghy (which actually turns out to be carbon and nomex copy with a CNC machined Ti prop, running on methanol) you can pretend that you’re just having a laugh and that you’re not really trying.

there's one in a boat here that's got to come out.

There's a good app called 'see you igc flight recorder' you can set the recording intervals in seconds, and there's a good free viewer available that runs in google earth

If only there was something like that for sailing ;-) Well there will be when I finish writing it.

Here's a KML track that I can generate out of the data logger at the moment. Save it and open it in Google Earth:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/166 ... e_data.kml

Archived