Are yachties less at risk?

k88

I can see Steve.C in there with his lifejacket on, beer in one hand and a model dink in the other :thumbup:

You really think that would stop a white pointer if he was hungry?

And what about the canals that were proposed in the development. Will they have to be fenced now? Perhaps they will fence of all beaches and streams. Or will all swimmers be required to wear life jackets?

I read in the local paper that kids were refusing to use the new playground equipment because it was boring. That was until they found that climbing up on top was exciting... until that also was forbidden by the council.

When I was young it was a right of passage to break an arm or leg doing something silly like falling of the gym or out of a tree. Just as well most kids these days seem to spend their days inside otherwise we would be required to fence off trees also.

I wonder if the day will come when personal responsibility is again valued and there is a backlash against the "nanny state".

I recall listening intently to the council, the police and also my parents when I was young, then doing exactly what they told me not to....

Don't think that much has changed..........

Archived