URGENT - Okahu Bay boat Franita may break off mooring

I phoned the harbourmaster and pressed the button for urgent but could only leave a message.

So I thought this forum may work quicker.

The boat Franita seems to have a bow roller which is coming off. Its mooring line has jumped off and is dangling over the port side, pulling sideways and putting weight on a stanchion. I would have jumped aboard and tried to fix it, but I had a new person with me in the dinghy and the wind and waves were getting up.

So if anyone knows who Franita is owned by, perhaps they could tell them ASAP.

If it was my boat in such a situation I'd love it if someone did the same for me.

• Upvote 1

www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/auction-1707411627.htm?rsqid=05512c145fc34146aed6368f332276b2

Just discovered there’s some recent damaged to the bow roller area from when the mooring was serviced. They attached the mooring chain directly to the boat (which was too heavy for the boat) and resulted in damage. See photo. 

The answer is here ,remember reading about it

• Upvote 1

Judging by the photo in the trademe ad, it looks like the owner is aware of the issue / damage.

But I can't for the life of me work out why insurance premiums would go up so much so fast for moored boats...

This is the photo of the bow fitting from the trademe ad.

This owner knows his boat is in this condition, he is advertising it as such. This boat is in a mooring area, and obviously Kevin, and other boat owners are worried this heap of sh*t is going to break free and damage their boats.

I'm sorry but that is not acceptable - my insurance has gone up substantially this year (I'm not moored here), but Okahu Bay is just a grave yard for heaps of sh*t waiting to blow onto the breakwater in the next Nor'easter.

This guy is asking $3,300 for this, including an outboard. It would be more responsible to remove it from the environment (scrap it), or at least put it on the hard. I'd be impressed if he could sell this boat for $1.

This doesn't help the general public's perception, every time some shitter washes up on Tamaki Drive. That mooring field is occupying prime sea-bed real estate (which is another hot topic), in a prime bay in the heart of Auckland. This sort of issue does everyone a disservice. 

It would be a different story if well maintained, obviously cared for yachts were parked there, rather than some dumping ground for derelicts.

829335679.jpg