Stupid 406 markings

So I'm trying to update my 406 registration and the online MRCC registration form is asking me for the following information (take a look at the photo I just took of the label and tell me which bit is which):

1. Hex ID: I reckon that is "400C665142FFBFF". Right?

2. Checksum "This 5 character code will be printed on the side of your beacon near the 15 character UIN code." Which one is that???

3. Serial Number: So is that "Serial C/S204-10401" or "S/N: 250-26785". Either seem credible candidates?

If registering with the correct information is so vitally important then why the hell can't all the muppets who manufacture these things and hold the registration all agree a standard idiot proof taxonomy so idiots like me find it fool-proof?

In addition, I recently received a 406Audit email from MRCC saying they still have my previous boat's EPIRB registered to me. But the new owner of AC has told me today that he changed registration details 9 months ago - and has the paperwork to prove it.

WTF???

406 Aleana v2.jpg

1.  hex number you guessed...the 15 digits UIN code

The Hex ID or Unique Identity Number (UIN) is the unique code programmed into each 406 MHz distress beacon and is transmitted when the beacon is activated. 

2. checksum probably = C/S..................... so 5 digits will be 10401

From the 1st July 2012 all new 406 MHz distress beacons manufactured will also carry a Check Sum number.  

This number is additional to the Hex ID or UIN.  The purpose of this number is to reduce the errors made by entering the wrong Hex ID or UIN into the beacon registration database when the beacon is registered.  The number is simply used to verify that the Hex ID or UIN has been entered correctly. 

If the beacon has a check sum number this will normally be listed on the sticker directly after the Hex ID or UIN number. Note when registering your beacon if you are unable to locate a check sum number leave this section blank on the registration form.

3. serial number probably = S/N.................so give 250-26785

https://beacons.org.nz/FAQs.aspx

I recently sent an email to update my details for a PLB. Reply was that they had no record of my registration so I sent them the email I got back when registering. A bit disconcerting but they assured me they would have come looking if I set it off but just wouldn't know who or what they were looking for.