Are we racing this Sunday?

And if we are, can we race even if it's a wind warning. If people are concerned, they should reef, but it does give us all a better chance of doing well, and it includes the decision of 'race or not race' and 'reef or not reef'

What say the rest of you?

Also what about singlehander with extras as well sometime (maybe not this one)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i think any yacht club would postpone a single handed race in that. Bucks even postponed the keelboat single handed race in 25+ Insurance companies dont look too fondly on people who take un-necessary risks like that...

If you want john i will park my car at Squadron and start a race for ya. Around northern leading and back. But will have an all care no responsibility call if it all goes bad :-P

The problem is you guys just don't want to reef, 25 -35 is NOT dangerous weather, and if others are out there, and you have the right safety gear I reckon there's no need for concern.

I would go out by myself, but I know I wouldn't be given the title of single hander, so why bother.

'Bucks even postponed the keelboat single handed race in 25+'
You guys are great, always spouting off how much better multis are to monos, but don't even go out in what is the best conditions for our craft.

Tim, if you feel you can't handle your boat in those conditions, don't ruin it for those who find it a challenge, just don't go.

Yeah thats a good point, but when you flip it dont ruin it for the rest of us by claiming insurance for any damage occured by having to race singlehanded in 30 knots just to prove "Your the best"

Alot of the guys in the multi's are racing boats bigger than 24feet and that have some pretty big and expensive gear. They are a handful two handed. The single handed race is a bit of fun to encourage people to push their boundaries safely. Not an excuse to test the coastguards willingness to help

I agree with you, and some may be too big for 1, so if the weather dictates a decision has to be made, we with boats that can handle it have to give away a good run for those others who can't.

If the weather is 10 to 12 knots, are they going to give it away cos us slower boats haven't got a sh*t show against them in those conditions?

When Timberwolf went upside down, did he claim insurance?

I consistently go out in 25 knots (often by myself), cos that's when my boat really is exciting, does that mean I can't claim insurance if something happens? NO, cos that's why I have insurance!!!!

Tim

sh*t happens, and Clive, cos he was well prepared, survived. There was nothing to learn there, apart from maybe Clive had the wrong sail setup.

Why do YOU think my boat is not exciting in 10 knots?

If you can't control your boat by yourself, Tim, don't ruin it for others.

If the weather is 10 to 12 knots, are they going to give it away cos us slower boats haven't got a sh*t show against them in those conditions?

I consistently go out in 25 knots (often by myself), cos that's when my boat really is exciting,

Ummmmm, this bit kind of gave it away!