Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 1

SloopJohnB

a number of us are about to hit our version of the doldrums. It will be interesting to see how we all go after we pass through it, as were all sailing differnt angles and will have differnt speeds.

Thanks for adding me to the kiwi list Paul. Still waiting for SOL to update my user name to include NZL.

Back inside the top 100. Great to be there after being stuck on Girbralter for a few hours when leaving the med a few days ago.

I'm away for the weekend. I've set a course of 165 to head south after Fernando. I think that will keep me going pretty well for the next 80 hours when I'm away. Would appreciate if someone keeps an eye out in case of islands or headwinds.

Cheers, Kevin the (NZL_)Scotsman.

SJB: Definately asleep, nice breeze, eased sheets, why knot :thumbup: but I have moved up over 150 places!! My Doldbrums are bigger than yours :!: :!: :wink: So there. :clap:

But knot as asleep as Popeye. Twice refloated him trying to enter the Amazon over sandbars. Perhaps he will wake up now that it's the start of a new working week :think:

Set a DC to tack after 2 hours and clear South America hopefully.

Archived