The fight over Takapuna Beach continues

Judging by some of the nefarious happens that are going on it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Chated to a chap a few weeks ago who said 'I've managed to get 6 submissions in...' and finished it with 'so far'. Don't know why he bothered as this was a done deal a long time ago.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on sailors who oppose this (which is most of the people in this 22 page thread)   Start posting questions "at" YNZ in the YNZ forum.   Start targeting the sports mimistern to change the fundi

I keep getting emails from YNZ saying vote for option 3 - the YNZ only option.    No Fn way will I support something like that. I know when I was campaigning Fireballs in Europe that unless there wa

The Landowner is US mate! The public! It's public ground. The council are our representatives. So you think it's OK that the campground just gets bulldozed? Seeing as it's been there for 80 years and

Posted Images

Seems to me YNZ don't realise just what damage this is doing.

Perception out there isn't "YNZ".... it's "yachties" in general... perceived to be rich white pricks trampling over the ordinary bloke.

Come to think of it ... Burling, Tuke, Coutts, Blake, Dalton et al got there without a National Sailing Centre (sorry, "Community Marine Activity Hub") ... why the pressing need now?

most of the populace only take notice 

come the olympics

at the 1984 LA olympics nz got more gold than oz

this so shocked the okkas, they ramped up their new 66 hectare australian insitute of sport in canberra

and have since creamed it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Institute_of_Sport

likewise the brits set up the weymouth sailing academy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weymouth_and_Portland_National_Sailing_Academy

they've since won gold aplenty

nz now finding it needs to do the same to compete

has worked for rowing + cycling 

makes sense to support sailing the same way as it increases in importance to the national economy

all will be forgiven

if taka

brings home the bacon

this so shocked the okkas, they ramped up their new 66 hectare australian insitute of sport in canberra

and have since creamed it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Institute_of_Sport

likewise the brits set up the weymouth sailing academy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weymouth_and_Portland_National_Sailing_Academy

they've since won gold aplenty

nz now finding it needs to do the same to compete

has worked for rowing + cycling 

makes sense to support sailing the same way as it increases in importance to the national economy

all will be forgiven

if taka

brings home the bacon

Thank you for providing unquestionable proof we don't need to lose the uniqueness and good economic benefits the Taka site currently gives by changing it to another use (at a horrendously large cost) for a small elite group who will not provide anything like the current economic benefits and will only create a larger parking nitemear and inevitable conflict with the 1000's that already use the area.

The high performance centre is a good idea of that there is no doubt but the Taka location would be one of the worst possible places for it though... and on many levels.

Well over 8.5 million dollars of tax and ratepayers money for a few offices, a dunny and some concrete hardstand. Someone is taking the piss, millions of it straight into their pocket. How many developers are there in the HA Trust? A few.

Hmmm, it will be interesting to see how the public poll works. I imagine the outcome will come down to wording and scope of the questions i.e will it be focused on just the landowner approval for the sailing center or will it be sailing center vs campground.

I put in a submission of support to the resource consent. I'm a local resident, member of Takapuna Boating Club and ex sailor of Hobies at Takapuna. I hope it goes ahead!