Very nice solar panels

I wonder if they would generate much current attached to the topsides. Reflected and direct light in the mornings and evenings and direct when heeled. I know sunburn happens much quicker around water but how much would this affect current generation? Seems strange this mob does not have any details under the contacts page!

Those look like the units that were at the boat show. Certainly they impressed me. When I was talking to the guy he said that he hadn't a NZ distributor at that stage so I wonder who has picked it up.

Anyway, that was Solar PTY ltd. The brand was solbian flex and they have a website noted as www.solarfuture.co.nz

I trade you all this valuable information for reviews when you've installed them. :wink:

I imported a couple of these panels about a year ago. Bought them with zips in and just zip them into the dodger top when go cruising. A word of warning in that they are only low voltage about 10volts and my MPPT controller would only step down any volts to 12 not step up so couldn't get any power until I put them in series to get 20 volts in the system. Like all panels they work at about only two thirds of rating and then in good light. Overall through out day I would say you get just over half of rating but I have two 40watt panels which take care of my fridge and a bit more.

Archived