Americas Cup race 16 & 17 if needed

Basically it's turning into a classic match-race, the start is crucial as the boats are even and who wins the start normally goes onto win the race.....
A classic match race my arse. OR got the holeshot and simply covered ETNZ to the finish. They could have left Sir Benny on the beach and taken a Labradoodle as tactician for that one.

That's what match racing is! Winning the start and covering after that!

In that case this new definition of match racing is seriously boring and has me wondering why bother having a 2nd mark.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oracle won that start in the last 20 seconds with a better time on distance run which is a reverse of the first couple of races. Its game on well and truly and thats at least 3 races in a row where they have been well and truly out sailed from start to finish. Surly Oracle will crack eventually or ETNZ will sail a perfect race?

We have one more opportunity for a clean win. It's 8-8 on the water. If we don't win the next one, then it will likely either end up in court or be an Oracle win outright.

Currently Oracle are doing a better job. Better sailing, better tactics. With the last race records, you'd have to have your money on Oracle to win the next race.

My confidence in ETNZ is shaken. :cry:

Go ETNZ, one more. Please?

What happens if ETNZ pulls the "get out of jail card" on the second race tomorrow???

No more racing after Tuesday (SF time)

Just saying

Coast guard have given permission to extend the cup racing untill there is a winner