International Yacht Paints Auckland Tauranga Yacht Race 2012

SloopJohnB

International Yacht Paints Auckland Tauranga Yacht Race 2012

NZL_WairuaExpress and NZL_yachtyakka invite SOLers to join them in this year's 124nm classic race from Auckland to Tauranga!! Your Farr 38s await! Race #460 NOR / POLAR. WX Updates: 0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230. Ranking: Week/SYC.

Race starts: Apr 04th 22:00 Registration Open!

Sadly today TVS have decided not to compete in the Auckland to Tauranga Yacht Race this year

We feel that in light of the 10 new containers awol and with the other flotsam and jetsam reportedly washing up on beaches over the last few weeks even before the reportedly 7m swells currently battering the Rena, the risk of damage for us is just too high.

We feel for the difficulties the great team at TYPC are facing this year in running this race.

http://maritimenz.govt.nz/news/media-re ... dium=email

I have tried to get into this race and just get a blue screen? Says I am registered, but even though I have logged off and on, and shut down the computer and turned it on - it continues (since last night).

Any hints? I want it sorted before race start tomorrow.

I have tried to get into this race and just get a blue screen? Says I am registered, but even though I have logged off and on, and shut down the computer and turned it on - it continues (since last night).

Any hints? I want it sorted before race start tomorrow.

Excellent that's your handicap sorted :thumbup:

Have you tried both the standed and beta version ?

You could also try another browser to see if that gets you going. I've never had the blue screen problem but heard of others having it.

Just upgrading Java - have a vague memory of firefox shutting it down the other day due to malicious issues . . .

Will try once update complete and let you know.

Thanks for the suggestions.

How do you get beta anyway?

M

Practise :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Just upgrading Java - have a vague memory of firefox shutting it down the other day due to malicious issues . . .

Will try once update complete and let you know.

Thanks for the suggestions.

How do you get beta anyway?

M

Home page and forums. technical, A Gage Hopefully this link will work

http://www.sailonline.org/board/thread/8299/5-feb-client-is-back-available-as-a/?page=1

Well the whole Java thing seems to have been a waste of time. But the instructions for Beta worked a treat!

I am now practising. Thanks :)

Now - is this race going to be cancelled like the real one, or will we still go ahead and have a blast since the Rena containers cannot get us in the virtual world?

M

Well the whole Java thing seems to have been a waste of time. But the instructions for Beta worked a treat!

I am now practising. Thanks :)

Now - is this race going to be cancelled like the real one, or will we still go ahead and have a blast since the Rena containers cannot get us in the virtual world?

M

Bugger there goes my handicap

There will be random containers in the water. :( :(

But I will decide which boats will hit them... :think: :think:

Decision made......any boats in front of the "Sloop"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Untitled-9.jpg

Like M said you might need to shake the Rena and get some more conatiners out there :P

Congrats to NZL Scotsman for finishing in the top 10!

Sloop - what happened to you? :wink:

I went below to catch a few winks soon before midnight, to wake up later and find the crew had mutinied and were bbqing and swimming at hot water beach on Mayor.

Off for a lynching this afternoon . . .

Archived