Farr 9.2

khayyam

Hi, the Noelex 30/940 is a newer design. The 920 is OK, good performance for its size/age. Need a careful survey though, it's timber and getting kind of old. You might be better with the 940??? Although a bit more money.

I own two boats at present and one is a Noelex 30 - Jade Lady, it is the highest ranked of the current 30's sailing on Racetrack except for the Pirate which hasn't raced for a while and full of new gears sails etc. They are great boats but a bit on the small side for me so with owning two boats it has to go. PM me if you are interested as the price will shortly be negotiable.

At least some are grp, judging from the current lot on tm? Somehow I always feel better about the fixed keel versions, even if there are advantage to lifting...

The keel arrangements on the noelex 30 /940 are very good. You can fix the keel down with the grid pin if you want - effectively that gives you a fixed keeler. I never once felt the keel move on my one once fully down, they fit perfectly into the keel casing base. And they sail better than the 920.....

Archived