navman/northstar

tomharry

In a nutshell, no one handling parts. It is quite possible that a paddle wheel for any other make will be the same, or at least one of them will. Airmar makes the transducers for everyone, so I would think the Paddle wheels would be pretty standard for many. Absolute Marine bring in a "sort of copy" of the Navman and their Paddle wheel may fit. Give them a call and ask for Peter Preecy. He was the expert on the Navman stuff wen they used to be the Supplier and he should know if the paddle wheel would fit.

Yes Peters good. Got a bronze triducer of him, speed ,temp and depth. I left it to long and they ran out of bronze depth transducers. The new bronze transducers are getting hugely expensive now. I think Plastimo/AdvanSea are maybe getting into them, Airmar need some competition.

I think Plastimo/AdvanSea are maybe getting into them, Airmar need some competition.
I think you'll find the Plastimo/AdvanSea use Airmar. Not all brands you see are made by the name on them ;)

Airmar are the only manufacturer of transducers. But they are not necessarily the blame for the cost we end up paying here in NZ. You only have to see what they retail for in the US to see that. Have a look on Ebay next time anyone wants one.

Archived