Quarantine Mooring

darkside

Has the quarantine mooring East of Browns Island been moved?

I was out last night for the first time in a while and it seems West (closer to Browns) of where it is marked on my plotter.

If it's knot moved that far it could simply be the chain has been dragged out the other side. Some of those buoys have many more metres below them than most realise so that could account for maybe 30-40mts difference.

I'm talking maybe 200m KM. If it has just straightened out it would have been a nice sale of mooring chain for someone :D

The issue is that it is now more or less in a straight line from Music Point to Motuihe channel which is not ideal.

On another point, has anyone ever seen that mooring used?

Has the quarantine mooring East of Browns Island been moved?

I was out last night for the first time in a while and it seems West (closer to Browns) of where it is marked on my plotter.

I take it you mean the big yellow buoy.

If so it is a class 3 admiralty mooring, it undergoes maintenance from time to time - it belongs to the navy, if you think it has shifted check the Lat and long against the charted position.

navy mooring.jpg

I'm talking maybe 200m KM. If it has just straightened out it would have been a nice sale of mooring chain for someone :D

Ah yes that is a tad further than it's mooring would allow. And no that someone doesn't supply lengths like that for the Akl buoys..... but I reliably informed he'd like to :)

Be great if they could drop by the Warehouse before they reinstall it and buy a $10.00 solar garden light and some tin foil oven trays to make a radar reflector so you can spot the damn thing at night...

Archived