Seriously?

DrWatson

That's not a big price for something like that.

We had a boat in last month that cost $105,000, put fuel in it and it was ready to go. The owner then spent 65K on lectronics, 36ml radar and other goodies. It's a 6.1mt tinny.

It is simply an indication of how little value your dollar now has. Try building one and see what it will cost you labour included.

old sailors lament "The wind is free and so should every thing connected with it be"

Yep, have to agree. My brother built a 44 footer a few years ago - said it was as much labour as 4 large houses (he's a builder). But these powerboats make yachts look cheap.... Their 2nd hand value does not reflect their replacement cost in any way at all.

It is simply an indication of how little value your dollar now has. Try building one and see what it will cost you labour included.

errr, I don't understand, our Dollar has never been higher.

But if you consider, Trailer $10 to 15K

Engine $35 - 40K ruffly,

Boat Hull and all the Accessories, it all adds up pretty darn quick these days.

Look at what a Jetski....(I mean Personal Water Toy or whatever they call the things) cost these days. It suddenly makes a Powerboat look not so bad.

But it does go to show, you get a lot of boat for the price when you buy a Yacht.

cos... he paid more than that for it!

NZ is an expensive place to live. We pay thru the nasal cavity for everything.

An equivilant boat like that in Europe (EXCEPT SCANDI COUNTRIES) / ASIA / USA would be nearly half that.

Its all to do with high rent / labour rates (unions) / margins / Compliance costs / Volumes and middle men....

look at Beer! half dozen here is $13!

USA at trader Joes is about $8 NZD 1/2 doz

Spain And San Miguel is $5 NZD per 1/2 doz

NZ is the Norway of the south!

Archived