2014 Solo Tasman Challenge Yacht Race Rogue Wave Video

If all else fails copy the title back into you tube search engine and get a fresh version of the url. Make sure to delete the s if it shows https.

Everything must be on one line before you wrap it with Karl's youtube thingy.

Cool Vid, well set up yacht.

Interesting having the liferaft hanging off the stern, I wonder if it is such a great place being unprotected (obviously it works for him though).

Its the best place for a liferaft - and his should be OK in the hard valise. Some boats have a built in locker there - and I can't understand why more don't! Easy launching, even if inverted - no lift or carry required.

Agreed in theory for release/safety but 30kg raft along with say 10kg frame, 8kg wind generator etc extended off the bum.

On my boat the bracket would be great but would kill performance.

Good find KM.
I didn't find it, Kev sent it to me.

On my boat the bracket would be great but would kill performance.
Sort of with me as well but as part of the rebuild I am building in 2 steps into the cockpit floor right on the transom either side of the steering stick. I'm opening the cockpit but due to wanting the motor under the floor it'll be a smidgen high so the steps will make it easier to get into the ding etc. So the steps are being sized so when I'm at sea they can double as my liferaft stashing spot. With only 30ft there is some furious mutli tasking happening in places.

My raft is in a valise but I'm advised it'll be OK if I tape, with a minimal amount of a weak tape, a rubbish bag over it for a week or 2 here and there to help with weather protection.

Thanks for the instructions BP, I've always struggled with them U tube things.

Archived