Marina Berth Costs

smithy09

I'm investigating the costs of running an 11 metre yacht and by far the biggest expense (apart from catastrophies and sails) seems to be the ongoing cost of a Marina Berth (In Auckland). Does anyone have a list of costs for an 11 metre berth around Auckland? How about pile moorings at Westhaven? Are they freely available? Any information would be gratefully received, and perhaps be a helpful thread for others.

Up at Gulf Harbour (the best marina in Auckland in my opinion but admittedly I am biaised) I think I pay approx. $500 p.m. for an 11m berth. Very close to that anyway.

Thanks KM. The old Man's boat used to be up at Gulf Harbour and I agree, it's a great Marina. Just a bit further to travel than Westhaven, but I think that rate is better than theirs. I will investigate the web, but was being lazy...

Yes indeed. It will be good when the bypass goes in if it ever does. Goes over stillwater I beleive. Just had a look on Trade Me KM. Around $400 to $430 for a 12 m berth at GH.. Still looking. No info on Marina web site.....

I'm 35 mins from the Harbour bridge (i can get to the city faster than a mate who lives in Devonport), the roads are fine except if you have to drive on the Northern motorway from Albany south in the morning.

And GH is much better located for cruising.

Hi Squid. Yeah, I guess it's 25-30 min from Mairangi Bay as opposed to 10-12 min to Westhaven. Both times with motorways clear. Gulf Harbour also seems to have the most berths available and the best prices.

Then from westhaven how long till you even get to North Head and away from all the fizz nasties, at GH once you clear the breakwater you are in clear water, 10 miles to Rakino, 13 to Kawau, 40 to Gt Barrier.

Everyone up here can't understand people wanting to keep their boats at Whaven.

True, true! And a nice Marina to boot, as long as you don't want to use the fizz boat ramp which is bloody dangerous when there is anything south blowing.. I think this might be my pick if all works well.

No $500 is for the ones in the prime locations.

I have to say though, I have been impressed with Bayswater prices when I assume it is a prime location. Or is it??

Westhaven! is that the one over by Whanuapai???

Is it easy navigation for a keel boat to get around that west side of the harbour bridge? Specificaly, our boat draws 2.1m.

For a 12mt berth with a long term stay -

Give or take 200mm and per 30 or 31 days.

$540 in Bayswater

$623.10 in Westhaven

$531 in Westpark

$805.50 in Orakei

$480 in Gulf Harbour (as at 2008)

$520 in Pine Harbour

$558 in Half Moon Bay

$510 in Opua

$780 in Waikawa, Havelock and Picton but that is visitor rates, contact office for lease rates

Bayswater has easy 2mts depth right thru at low tide. Your thinking of Westpark Wheels. Marginal at dead low for keel boats I'm told and has a wobbly channel i.e it moves a far bit.

For a 12mt berth with a long term stay -

Give or take 200mm and per 30 or 31 days.

$540 in Bayswater

$623.10 in Westhaven

$531 in Westpark

$805.50 in Orakei

$480 in Gulf Harbour (as at 2008)

$520 in Pine Harbour

$558 in Half Moon Bay

$510 in Opua

$780 in Waikawa, Havelock and Picton but that is visitor rates, contact office for lease rates

Bayswater has easy 2mts depth right thru at low tide. Your thinking of Westpark Wheels. Marginal at dead low for keel boats I'm told and has a wobbly channel i.e it moves a far bit.

Yup. Gulf harbour has got to be the pick.

If it wasn't for that ditch, we would have our boat over to Seaview in an instant. You have an awesome facility there and your Marina Staff were excellent when we were there. Although our Staff have improved, it's still not a patch on the help your staff gave us.

I have to say, many of our Marinas are becoming Cash cows for the Councils. Pressure needs to be applied somehow. It's not acceptable. The Marinas in Marlborough provide an entire 1/3rd of what Port Marlborough return as a annual dividend to the MDC. When MDC say they want a greater return, PM are forced to raise the marina charges because they can not get it from anything else.

Seaview is owned by the council and run by a management company.

The prices there have gone up alot over the last few years, but they are constantly upgrading the facility.

The fizzy owners complain about the cost of launching there, but it has 3 floating fingers with lots of parking.

The hardstand is almost completely concreted now, previously it was tarmac.

They have got a new travel lift, 60 tonnes from memory with weighing gear.

Archived