coastal weather ?

Oracle1

In years past there has been discussion on the expected weather....and as we on Oracle haven't competed for a few years. thought i would start it off... so a typical sw15-20kn... all day long tapering off late in evening and dying out by morning.. any advance on that?

(yes we have got out act together and have cat 3 / phrf.. and are racing again. no the house isnt finished yet.. but close enough for now.)

Let's see, drive up to Opua Thursday and sail to a pleasant anchorage somewhere. Have a nice meal and quiet drink, maybe watch a movie. Go to bed with my wife. Get up Fri and go for a swim and give the bottom a wipe. Sw 15 by afternoon so go for a sail, perhaps to the Cavallis to do some fishing. Spend the night at Whangaroa. Saturday goof off, read a few books maybe another movie, more time in bed. Could go to the pub for dinner if we feel like it. Sunday NW so sail back to BoI and anchor. Monday drift back to the mooring before it rains and leave late so the traffic will have cleared.

Yep forecast looks good to me.

Archived