New Townson 32 ,from the front page.

John B

Talking to Des he once said to me that the Electron was not really based on one particular full sized model but maybe closest to the Townson 11 (Dorette, Infinity) which makes sense chronologically. By the way like you choice in Electron colour!

The 2nd one is nearing completion. Probably will be painted in the next couple of weeks.

Then a bit of match racing between them. :D

Not sure if my brother is going to make any for sale. He has made a mould and templates for the various bits but they are fairly labour intensive so would depend on how much time he has.

Will post some photos when we get them both on the water.

Not painted yet but heres a photo of the two built (so far)

Afraid he's not interested in selling or lending out the mould. Least not at the moment anyway.

Think he is looking around for another design to model now. Last I heard he was talking about a Dragon

What scale is the Stewart ?

The townson is essentially 1:10 scale (actually just slightly bigger)

P1000618 (Large).JPG

Got some photos of the two boats out sailing together. Not much wind though so have to try again with a bit more breeze.

He has now finished the Dragon ( timber planked and looking very nice all vanished) so I will need to get some photos of that sorted.

IMG_4570 (Large).JPG

IMG_4615 (Large).JPG

IMG_4696 (Large).JPG

IMG_4793 (Large).JPG

IMG_4811 (Large).JPG

IMG_4843 (Large).JPG

Just beautiful, well done. The genoa isn't self tacking?

No, separate contols for both the main and genoa.

Takes a bit of practice to tack and get the genoa trimmed quickly. Normally I would blame my crew but can't with with this :)

Those Townson models look fabulous. I found this model hull and decks under the house when I was cleaning it up under there. Its from a previous owner or tenant so I have no idea what design it is or any other info. Its glass, a metre long and it has a weight in the keel so I guess it was intended to be a sailing model.

Free if anyone wants it, come and pick it up (new Lynn ) or its going in the skip in a couple of weeks.

model1.jpg

model2.jpg

Archived