Boating towing at Panmure

So I need to get the boat from her mooring about 400m to the haul ramp at the Panmure YC. Can't get the old o/b off the transom - motor still belongs to previous owner and I don't want to start it as it has sat for a while. Can't move the transom studs - they are very heavily corroded. Doused them over fours hours with 556 today and will have another go with a crescent tomorrow. Bit worried about just how rotten the metal actually is! Another option is to hacksaw them off though they are very very close to out full travel. Any clever ideas out there as to what to do? Got another o/b ready to go if I can get it off the transom.

Failing that, anyone know anyone who could tow the boat that far for me - 1800kg cat. Looking to haul 7am Wednesday but could get towed to the jetty on Tuesday avo. Will be talking to the club tomorrow but - you know - crew.org is just such a wealth of knowledge!

And finally, failing that, looks pretty calm for Wednesday morning so perhaps shunting her with the rubber duck and 3.3hp might just do the job.

Any other bright ideas also greatfully received!

Cheers,

ScottiE (aka Anthony)

021 521 013

guess easiest would be a tow from a hard dinghy with outboard

also you could probably tow it with a hard dinghy and long oars

recently did this, against a light wind, to a 1000?kg motor boat that had died 100mt off the dock at okahu

or kedge it with any dinghy and 2 anchors

You can do it with the OB. Tie the dingy alongside (or between the hulls aon a cat? ), set the motor straight ahead, cord to the kill switch. Use the cat rudders to steer. It will work ok if it is calm, but of course you have limited maneuverability, and no reverse! It's way better than trying to tow it! 

yeh - I think that'll be the plan.  Just need to convince my brother-in-law to drive across from One-hunga to meet me for 6am on a fresh May morning as a backup!  It's a cat and I think I'll put the dinghy alongside the inside of one hull - easily accessible from the transom step gets the o/b much closer to centre.