Antifouling PVC

Has anyone had any issues using AF on the PVC material of an inflatable, or know if it is safe or not?
It's a Southern Pacific, so good material, but I wasn't sure if the solvent in AF would attack the stuff. I have some hard Petite to paint on if doing so is OK.

Should be OK. I know Airmar advise the use of water based antifoul on their plastic thru-hulls but they aren't made of PVC.

If you try it let us know the outcome, I have an application for that myself. I loaded an ultrasonic antifoul system into a PVC tube as an experiment and the tube itself is collecting marine life! :-)

Hehe, yeah kind of looking for some other "expert" this time. Someone other than me that has gained experience a mistake. I was hesitant because I used thinners on a PVC inflatable a few years back and the PVC eventually went really weird in the areas it had been used. I had wondered if I had damaged the UV proofing in the PVC. Some didn't want to wreck and fairly new Southern Pacific RIB.
Those ultrasound things don't work. But if you do happen to find plant life that can listen int to you at night, give us a heads up. They may be a Marine version of those Tripid things, or its the GCSB in camo. ;-)

Hi Wheels,

I don't know if you've got this sorted yet but plenty of my customers use Trilux, prep the alloy but apply directly to the cleaned pvc. I'm sure it will void the warranty but I have several customers who have done this for 10+ years. One guy immediately after we retubed his RIB  and before it hit the water had it all antifouled. Its mostly liveaboards do it who keep their boats in all the time and some commercial fisher man etc. Re the warranty if you live aboard your warranty is usually knocked down to 12 months in the small print any way. As for solvents we use MEK in the workshop. If you're worried about it eating the bottom of the tubes out I haven't seen it happen yet and obviously the manufacturers tell you no way and to rinse the boat off in fresh water after each use and dry with a soft towel.

Thanks. I coated the Hull yesterday. I stayed away from the PVC. But will look at doing that now after you comment. Ha, as always, I just got half the hull done and over rolled a dark grey cloud and it bucketed down. It came clear for a bot, I wiped dry the other side and finished it, but no sure how well it is going to adhere. Oh well, it just has to last till we get back down the coast.