West Epoxy measure balance.

I am sick of my measuring pumps burping especially when only used now and then so was going to make a weight balance but then read this:  

Yep had the same problem. I just give the pumps a good clean with warm water prior to use no longer get the burps.

Yes decided to give the pumps a clean as probably havent been done for years if truth be known.Part B pump cleaned up nice in warm water and soap. The resin pump didnt really and is still not quite right. I didnt have any epoxy thinner or whatever its called. Am antifouling the yacht and have decided to use coppercoat with 2 coats of epoxy  going on first. I was freaking out about doing the resin  with the possibility of runs all over the show  but it actually went OK. I used a 110mm roller and 206 part B . Didnt use as much resin as I thought, about 20 pumps for one coat. The problem now is how the hell do I know where i have been with 2nd coat? The hulls pretty low to the ground so hard to see. Is there some tint or something to use? Thanks for you tech posts wheels.  

I used scales exclusively when doing a major faring job.

A calculator was the other essential piece of equipment.

Pour in hardener to pre weighed container...(or a scale set that will zero out)

.dosnt have to be accurate...just a guess.

50 gram container.

Then multiply out in grams the amount of resin ...

So 105 grams...a ratio of 5 to 1..

105 x 6 = 630 grams total..plus the 50 gram container..

pour resin in till the scale comes up to 680.

A pedestal drill on slow as a giant mix master..

I used the West System pumps for a couple of years, and endured the burped resin on my chest that entire time.   Plus, the pumps sometimes come apart if you really crank on them.

Then I switched to US composites and found their pumps do not have that problem.     You may have an alternate supplier in your area for the pumps shown on this page.   They all have 38mm threads:

http://uscomposites.com/epoxy.html

These pumps neither burp nor leak....