Macabre

I am actually really disgusted at the Herald. That picture was on the front page with no 'Graphic Content' warnings when I first logged on this morning. Didn't need to click through to read the story or anything.

Just sickening.

Anyone know of a news site with any reasonable semblance of journalism I can read? You know, actual news stories with facts?

saw that too - must have just put the story up - now changed per your request!

I suspect that all these tabloids are so desperate to get stories up as quick as possible that they don't bother with editorial review until after its "publshed" online as they can always change it later.

I'm thinking the media jumped the gun here with a bullload of speculation and the grisly photo to grab attention before confirming any actual facts.. Surely it hasn't been floating around for that long and some other cruisers probably would have seen him somewhere, likely other Germans. 

Good photos here https://www.facebook.com/ryan.jay.ong/media_set?set=a.1169426799736575.1073741862.100000077977066&type=3&pnref=story

Not sure how the Filipinos managed to tip the boat over 45 degrees, who knows they probably towed it in and grounded it. Or maybe 30 of them stood on one side and flooded it. 

Also sounds like it was previously found by one of the boats in the clipper race:

In January during Race 7 to Da Nang, LMAX Exchange came across a dismasted boat south of Guam. At the time, the Clipper Race was unable to release any further details but it was in fact the German-registered yacht Sayo which has been in the news today following its discovery off the coast of the Philippines with the sole occupant dead, probably for some considerable time.

An LMAX Exchange crew member boarded the yacht in January and reported the find which was relayed to the relevant authorities who instructed the team to continue racing while they took over the investigation and traced the next of kin.