Marina charge going up 7% The Thieving B......

wheels

We are 45ft and draw 2.1m. We have managed to find one in Anakiwa and will be taking the boat around next week. We think we have just enough water under us there, although it will be close. It's a 2T block, so should be adiquate.

So just incase we find it a bit too shallow, do you have something?? You can PM me if you want.

Dawn was talking to someone earlier this week that had one in Waikawa with a 3T block. Would have been ideal, but they were asking $120/mth and this one we have is $100/mth. They are certainly getting a little steep in their asking prices now.

I got offered the use of one somewhere in Picton for nothing if I ever get our yacht back in the water.

I think it is around past Waikawa somewhere.

The people bought a bach, got the mooring with it and aren't using it at present.

I'll ask my wife what the story is.

They may be able to rent to you for a while at a good rate.

$120/week is a ripoff. I think it is less than that a year in Wellington for a swing mooring in Evans Bay. You do need to put your own gubbins down though.

Sadly it is a hard thing to find here in the Sounds. To buy a mooring, they are asking $20K and up for them. Which I think is just wrong, but that is my view. They only cost $3500 to put down here. The issue now is that you can't put anymore down. So hence why the price asked.

As they say, Supply and demand. I call it extortion.

Archived