Removing old epoxy paint from GRP hull

It's time to bite the bullet and remove the old epoxy paint from the top sides of my GRP hull and repaint it. The coating is at the end of its life and blistering (no osmosis in the original gel coat below though). Has anyone got some tricks on how to remove the old paint that might reduce the amount of elbow grease that I will need to use?

Hahaha, if you find away, let us all know.
Sorry, but while you are buying your stock of Sandpaper, stock up on plenty of Elbow Grease to go with it. May I suggest the Armstrong brand.
If the old paint is blistering, i suggest it may have been applied to a coating below that had been allowed to cure too hard before the top, or the surface was slightly damp, or not abraded and cleaned well enough before the coats.
A two pot paint should give you 15 to 20yrs on a Hull out in the Weather 24/7.

Sponge blasting? I know that it removes most things. Epoxy of course is rather hard. But it may pay to contact a couple of people who provide that service. 

I don't know who provides this service in NZ sorry!.

I went looking for a funny picture re Elbow Grease. I found that there really are legitimate products called "Elbow Grease" . One is not quite what I was expecting to find :wtf:  I fear I may have just lost a wee part of my innocence :cry:

On the safer side though, I did find what I went looking for
Warning!! Don't go searching too hard for the product in the first Pic.

index.jpg

images.jpg