the boat that just won't go away

I can't believe anyone bid on it, let alone 6 people. Wonder what the reason was the sale didn't go through... Also not sure about the description from the seller, it does not have 2 x 55hp yanmars, it has 1, arguably 2 paper weights that loosely resemble marine diesel motors, id argue the same for 1 or 2 propellers, it certainly does not have 4 cabins, not any more. Have to wonder about at least one of the rudders also... Would seem more relevant to list equipment that is unlikely to be effected by submersion then 6 months drying out- hatches, winches Bimini, and the approx height the tide got to inside maybe.

You have to scroll through 9 photographs to see the true nature of the damage.

This is not a boat that should be sold, it is a boat that should be stripped and junked.  It's too fragile.  It cannot be repaired.  It is good for scrap only, and while I don't know about the laws for scrapping glass fiber there, its probably too much expense.

I guess you Kiwis are about as industrious as 'Mericans...  If I were there, I'd be talking to the insurance company and the yard about how I can alleviate their difficulties by stripping and cutting up the hull with my only payment required being what I can remove from the boat and use myself.

But I have to imagine that your business are about as selfishly stupid-greedy as 'Merican busienss and wouldn't budge, preferring to sit on the pile of junk until they have no choice but to pay someone to come and haul it away...

Anyone else anxiously awaiting the final death knell of industrialized society and capitalism?