race yacht 52'

And why take an older, slower, non off shore capable one when the fast, blue TP52 a few berths along is available for a bit more.

Costs the same to run, one wins one doesnt.

PS Must declare an interest in the blue one

Sorry if we have done the wrong thing, but all we were doing is letting the race fraternity know that there is a couple of race yachts going at very good price's before the enquiries come from overseas and we know what happen to Pg, moodyblue Samurai Jack etc so if we have done the wrong thing and we do sell ABB will pay the cost what ever it is.

while people think we might not surport the classified we think that Crew.org.nz is very good sailing site with up to date information

regards

TJN

Sorry if we have done the wrong thing,
while people think we might not surport the classified we think that Crew.org.nz is very good sailing site

Sorry, still don't see your ad in the classified section. Why not?

Sorry if we have done the wrong thing, but all we were doing is letting the race fraternity know that there is a couple of race yachts going at very good price's before the enquiries come from overseas and we know what happen to Pg, moodyblue Samurai Jack etc so if we have done the wrong thing and we do sell ABB will pay the cost what ever it is.

while people think we might not surport the classified we think that Crew.org.nz is very good sailing site with up to date information

regards

TJN

That’s a long winded way of saying that you were seeking free advertising. Just to confirm, 5% of the sale goes to Squidy huh.

Bull, why isn’t Upshot offshore capable? I had considered making a silly offer, but not a lot of point if it cant be taken to the Islands.

regards

TJN

Terry,

Pretty much all of NZs racing community have known those two boats have been for sale for some time.

Unfortunately as you well know, the only media that accepts advertising on a no sale no cost basis is trademe.

If you think crew.org is such a great site why not pony up a few $$ and buy an ad. For a broker that focuses a lot of time on race yachts it could be a good advertising median.

Really don't know why eveyone has got there tits in knot

We did it to let the racing poeple know that they had had there price's droped to move them on as it would not be out in print till end of the month Next time we wont bother. If crew .org send an invoice by Wednesday my a/c's girl will pay it when she comes in

WE will put them in the classifieds next time

Cheers

TJN

That’s a long winded way of saying that you were seeking free advertising. Just to confirm, 5% of the sale goes to Squidy huh.

Bull, why isn’t Upshot offshore capable? I had considered making a silly offer, but not a lot of point if it cant be taken to the Islands.

Way I heard it the canting system of block and tackles and just a boot over the keel stub wont get a cat 1. They require a full wetbox built in.

The real point I was trying to make is that it costs the same to campaign a 52ft boat whether it is a fast one or a slow one, and why would you buy a slow one. A few people have found this out in many classes over the years, buy a fast light one first off if you are a racer.

That said it could be a cheap cruiser, although arnt there lots of real cruisers with bunks, freezers and all the mod cons going cheap?

Cheers for that Bull, there is just a small matter of a $300-$400K price difference!!

Not quite that much but with just a set of racing sails at about 150k it doesnt take long to add up.

Reckon at this stage I would look at trades or time payment if it went to a good careing home and was taken for regular walks!

Maybe I need an add now?

Really don't know why eveyone has got there tits in knot

We did it to let the racing poeple know that they had had there price's droped to move them on as it would not be out in print till end of the month Next time we wont bother. If crew .org send an invoice by Wednesday my a/c's girl will pay it when she comes in

WE will put them in the classifieds next time

Cheers

TJN

That seems a pretty fair outcome all around, hopefully everyone happy again.

I just want to set the record straight - UPSHOT is offshore capable and has had a cat 2 for offshore and would get a cat 1 if it went offshore. UPSHOT was going to do the Melbourne - Osaka race but was too late because of the refit.

The bag around the keel is used on open 60's that have done the Vendee Globe and other races.

The wet box used on other canters also use a bag / seal around the hydraulic rams which failed on many ocassions.

The UPSHOT system is simple, safe, low maintanence, easy to view, fast, light weight, fool proof etc.

Greg Elliot and Ross Field designed the system.

If you want to view the system give us a call.

Archived