Extreme sailing series GC32 foiling cats

I notice that there hasn't been any comment on this racing series. Does anyone on Crew follow this? I don't really follow it but enjoy watching when I get time (actually I enjoy watching any yachting except - no, can't think of anything I wouldn't enjoy watching). It's streamed on you tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ExtremeSailingSeries

There are two NZ teams this year and I hadn't heard anything about them. Plus two of the other teams are skippered by Kiwi's - Adam Minoprio And Phil Robertson.

I suppose the only place this sort of thing would get announced is Yachting NZ newsletter but I gave up reading it A long time ago.

Does anyone know anyhthjng about the two NZ teams?

Lucky you. Is it good viewing from shore? I missed by a week the Cardiff edition a few years ago and wondered what it would look like from a spectator view.

We bluffed our way into the VIP area and quite good viewing. We can see the whole course from the hotel and this seems to be where most of the crews are staying. 

I saw a bit at Genoa last year at the boat show but no Kiwi entry then.

2017-04-30 16.14.53.jpg

2017-04-30 15.58.53.jpg

2017-04-30 16.38.34.jpg

A bit of excitement on the final day. The Kiwis got one good start but later T boned the Poms in a classic port/starboard (kiwis in the wrong). A bit of duct tape and the kiwis sailed on. The Poms however took on a lot of water and had to be craned out.

46.JPG

41.JPG

42.JPG

43.JPG

44.JPG