South Pacific Mayday

Had a mate share this on FB asking to share it forward.

PLEASE SHARE

MAYDAY MAYDAY, SY Restless OSLO with Anna Viera and Jorgen Emmerik Andersen on board are slowly sinking in the south Pacific ocean, 11'19.876S 112'23.973W @21.07.2017 0030UTC.

"We have a crack of about 60cm in length in front of the keel, where the mast base is located, no visible crack on the inside of the boat, it must be under the stringers.. . I have been diving and trying to fix the leak with epoxy sticks unfortunately not working, to reduce the leak we have tied a tarp from side to side under the boat. The 3 electrical bilge pumps are not working great so we have disconnected the raw water intake from the engine and connected a hose so we can pump out the water quickly.. We have contacted via Sattelite phone HRS Sola Norway and they have issued a mayday to vessels within 600nm of our location. VHF DSC Mayday has been sent. Other than being really bummed and sad, we are doing well. Keeping her afloat until rescue comes, so please share so we can get to safety."

No further info.

Nice to hear they are under control. It's a weird enough feeling sailing coastal and having something go wrong and knowing you have to sort it because no one else can help you for quite sometime. But to be out thousands of miles from no where must be another feeling all together. I do tip my hat to you guys that have done these really long blue water passages.

• Upvote 1