Gold Cup

Quarter Pint

"If the RO set course 1 with a reach to flat & gannet, the prod boats would have built up a massive advantage. "

.... which is quickly eroded as soon as you go upwind in the fresh - as you should well know

I think it's all pretty close currently. ('cept for TT which should be around .88)

Fresh upwind = caravans bugger off into the distance

Fresh downwind or light = lightweight boats bugger off into the distance

Horses for courses and every dog has its day

Not sure how we should be .88 when boats beating us on line are on .810 for Whitebait ( 40ft ) and .815 for Truxton (35ft. ). I recall advising the PHRF committee that I felt my hadicap was too low on Thirsty Work and they put it up. Wonder if the above do the same.

And by the way Wal, WHERE THE BLOODY HELL WERE YA ?

truxton phrf is considerably higher for coastal and 2 handed racing .840 and seems on a good day down wind to sail to its rating and on the wind or in the light around mid fleet.

It is rated very similar to the boats that always seem to be around it and the racing is good.

Why change everyone for one boat?

T T it could be a lot worse. When we were in asia sailing a farr11 canter we had to give the tp52's time and didn't get within 3 hrs of them on corrected time in any races.

Canters are a hybrid boat and without alienating them I would shut up and go sailing.

Do you really want to win the coastal by 5hrs on corrected time? Then that would be a joke.

Dont recall suggesting I want to win by 5 hrs, I agree that would be a joke though I do want to win.( Am I allowed to say that these days )

If our handicaps were the same, do you think we would win a Coastal by 5 hrs on corrected time if

the conditions were 15 to 20 knots on the wind. If we ever do I will buy you a box of Mt. Gay. (there would be conditions of course. You must finnish and you must share )

Again if our handicaps were the same as Truxton and Whitebait we would not have won that race on Saturday..Hope thats not too hard to work out.

Not sure how we should be .88 when boats beating us on line are on .810 for Whitebait ( 40ft ) and .815 for Truxton (35ft. ). I recall advising the PHRF committee that I felt my hadicap was too low on Thirsty Work and they put it up. Wonder if the above do the same.

And by the way Wal, WHERE THE BLOODY HELL WERE YA ?

As fishing expeditions went - that was a beaut ( I plucked .88 out of the air - I am a bad man :lol: )

I had 3 crew left out of 8 for the weekend (seeing as how you stole Johnny Jumpship) and Mummy was coming home from overseas and the house was a tip - same as when she left so I suspected that housework was going to be far more fun than what was coming. Superb tactics, especially as I didn't do any housework

As fishing expeditions went - that was a beaut ( I plucked .88 out of the air - I am a bad man :lol: )

I had 3 crew left out of 8 for the weekend (seeing as how you stole Johnny Jumpship) and Mummy was coming home from overseas and the house was a tip - same as when she left so I suspected that housework was going to be far more fun than what was coming. Superb tactics, especially as I didn't do any housework

So Bathurst and shiny new big screen TV had nothing to do with it of course :silent:

Gday Wal.

Is that another live bait . Understand Jonny Jumpship now live in the Naki and is not sailing much any more. Just did this one as he is doing Coastal with us. I hear your boat staying home and you going on M1. so his services not required. Good little yachtie that man.

Have had a few soft bites on this thread too :lol: :lol:

So Bathurst and shiny new big screen TV had nothing to do with it of course :silent:

Hell No!............. well...... a bit.......

Beau - I was talking about the tall skinny mainsheet handing Johnny ....

Archived