New Yacht on the harbour

With the number of females on board compared to the number we had on our 88, I would've taken much longer to finish! :lol: :lol: Just got to talk to our skipper, think he's doing something wrong there... :think: :think:

Who else saw the "new" Young 88 out sailing yesterday during the race?

Fantastic stuff. The man is on the water with an 88 in pristine condition. It has never dropped a rig, blown a kite, been involved in a top mark incident, needed an engine repower, window re-sealed, interior repaint, etc. He is about 100k ahead of most of the existing boats. I hope the co-owner (assuming there is one) is pleased with this most cost-effective approach to getting a boat in the water. :lol:

Just need to convince them to coming racing now. Few other guys looking at 88s at the moment so hopefully we will see a few more before the end of the year !!

You are pretty observant, yes she is a brand new 25 year old Young 88. Usual story with home boat building, five year project stretched out by things like having a family, building a house, work etc etc.

Just to clarify - she is not mine, but I know the owner / builder and I was on board when you spotted us.

Archived