Study recommends Port of Auck shift to Whangarei

That report was stacked with NorthPort hacks, cronies and people who stand to make bucket loads of cash. It was never not going to recommend anything other than moving North.

It is a complete waste of time and money when the result was a foregone conclusion.

If it moves great, I can retire, but this decision is political and is devoid an any economic reasoning and commonsense.

Im not quite sure how it all fits in with labours  hatred of the holiday highway, as the two are barometrically opposed.

This is politics at its absolute worst, actually the longer I take to type type, the more furious with these total f**king clowns I get.

• Upvote 2

Too right Puff.

The idea of trucking the loads south from Marsden North Port is just plain friggin looney tunes.

What’s a electric train set going to cost if that’s the preferred option to road transport.

Ken Shirley will not be happy.

What a piece of spin is this portion of the report.

"The high land value that is required to continue operatings at the POAL site means Auckland ratepayers are potentially missing out on subsidies approximately worth $5b to $6b," the EY report said.

“And it will be welcomed by the 62 per cent of Aucklanders, who when polled by the working group, said moving the port would make Auckland a better place to live, work and visit.”

Never asked me.

Port presently pays $50m dividend to be replaced by net return of $48m wow that’s progress

“A full move could reduce the dividend to $10m, but the EY report put alternative rates income at $42m, leasehold income at $56m and the net annual financial benefit to ratepayers at $48m a year.”