Coastal Classic Reports

5.40 The Big DA off Whangarei Hds Effortless sailing in steady 20kn, boatspeed touching 13kn,under genaker, hoping the breeze will stay in.

Thunder - struggling with rudder problems , been steadily getting worse since the start.

All that money and it's over so quick. The 727 will get a shite load more sailing in and at only a fraction of the cost :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice work all the same big red :thumbup:

and no one to race against :wink:

Latest from the website

A little boat on track for a new personal best: The mighty Begorrah is 8 miles short of Sail Rock. We've got a 20kt Westerly and we're cruising along at 7.5 knots, peeking at 8.3. Not bad for a little Lotus 9.2. Big Steve the Skipper is loving it.

Lots of big keel boats are now under spinnaker in the Whangarei Heads area, enjoying plenty of breeze.

The Big Don't Argue is also off Whangarei heads, and it's effortless sailing in a steady 20 knots of breeze. They are enjoying 13 knots of speed under a big gennaker.

Mr Roosevelt has tried to do more sail changes than is comfortable for two crew. They're smoking now with their gennaker flying off their prod. Top speed of 12. Passed Bream Head, and it's time for a coffee!

Thunder and the new Kiwi Class 40 are tied.

That's all I know right now!

Zoe

I'm trying to make sense of these updates going by the time shown that the message was posted but it doesn't seem quite right. For example I am posting this at 7.40pm NZ time, wonder what the posted time will show up as.....

OK, that will be why then ... the apparent posted time is 1 hr earlier than the true time.... no wonder I've been confused as f@ck trying to make sense of the progress reports!!! Plus a late night out didn't help...

7.41 Mako 11

no 2 kite bck up shortly after Sail Rock, Still making good speed, nearly off Tutukaka, Isa to windward, lost visual on Manga 11 after Sail Rk but know thay have not passed us. Fingers crossed this carries on as it means Cape Brett by midnight.

Archived