Coastal Classic Reports

Crac a Jack is listed on the CC website as having a time for passing Flat Rock. That's pretty slick seeing as she's supposed to have dropped her rig between Rangi and Tiri :wtf:

WTF indeed. What's that about??

KM, I don't know who's leading what divisions (apart from TVS) but I'm pretty sure that the Ross 930s are all losing :wink: :silent:
Knot a big surprise, as far as I know there are no 930's entered ;)
What time does the record fall?

Overall record, finish time 16:43.32, set by Alfa Romeo in 2009

- Multihull record, finish time of 17:20.51, set by Split Enz in 1996

You can't place too much weight on the progress times on the CC website, especially if there are a lot within 15 mins of eachother.

It can be a real pain getting through on the VHF in a big fleet. Also people's perception of when they are passing flat/sail rock can vary quite a lot..

More from the Website

Karma Police have called in from Sail Rock. Just behind Deep Throttle, but well ahead of Overload, and Orbit just on their tail.

They have 17-18 knots, are two sailing, and it's lovely and sunny.

Karma Police is sailing inside Hen and Chicks, but Wired opted to go outside, and is not too far ahead of the Micros.

RanTan is the next boat ahead of Karma Police, who other than the boats mentioned, can see no other boats behind them except for M1.

Two guys in a Whiting 29 off Tuts stiil getting good breeze (20+) After TVS was Taeping, then 888 and Split Enz together, followed by Exodus then Limit first Mono.

Go Split Enz

Record in jeopardy 1500hrs Friday

'Not good out here, only 6 or 7 knots at the Brett. We have had to gybe out. About 4nm from teh Brett. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to get into the Bay.'

From TeamVodafoneSailing

Archived