Steinlager II

marinheiro

I don't care what anyone says this is the best yacht to come out of New Zealand. Sir Peter Blake is still the best skipper in the world and i don't care if any of you tell my other wise. This yacht needs to be back in NZ who's got the money? If I did it would be here in a heart beat. Thank god i'm a kiwi

This yacht needs to be back in NZ who's got the money? If I did it would be here in a heart beat.

I thought you had the loot for a 60ft tri, why not buy this instead? You could buy and campaign this for years on half the budget.

This yacht needs to be back in NZ who's got the money? If I did it would be here in a heart beat. Thank god i'm a kiwi

Problem is Moth, Passion for something that means spending money and having the Money that means you could spend it on your Passion, often don't go hand in hand. You tend to find passionate people that are broke, or wealthy people that don;t do anything with the money.

You tend to find passionate people that are broke, or wealthy people that don;t do anything with the money.

I'm not so sure I fully agree with that Wheels. Sure you can find plenty of passionate people who are broke or at least who aren't rolling in money, but in those cases their passions are not connected with dollars. If they were that passionate and that motivated about money they'd have it. Instead they are passionate about something else.

There are very few wealthy people who lack passion for something and I would hazard a guess that very very few wealthy people do nothing with the money, its just that it might not be what you would do with the money or it might not be so visible. As an example, I know someone who owns a winery .... its quite a successful winery in that they have won and continue to win awards for their wines, however, his assessment is that its a really spectacular and interesting way to make a small fortune ... from a large fortune. He loves having a winery and making good wine, but on the scale that they're committed to it is far from economic. That's passion for wine making and using his money to follow that passion even though it makes the accountant tear his hair out.

Isn't it interesting how different people view things, all I see is another example of how useless race boats are once they are no longer competitive.

Guess it is what keeps the world so intriguing.

I'm not so sure I fully agree with that Wheels.

Arrr but you see, I did say, tend to be and not Always are. We are actually on the same page. Passionate people or I should say, People with a passion for something, tend to be free'er with spending their money on that thing and sometimes are happy to blow their wealth rather than bank it. Some wealthy people just keep saving and I guess you could say, their passion is actually the accumulation of wealth.

But to find someone with a Passion for an old boat just because it would be nice to have it back in NZ because of it's history and has enough money in their pockets to not care about what they are spending to do that, would be more on the endangered species list of people I would expect.

On a serious side though. An organisation that could buy and display (just like KZ7) all the boats with a big time History of NZ sailing, would be really something. Imagine the big line up in the viaduct of all these boats. Although I imagine the place would not be big enough.

Archived