Driving Lessons. Lucky the ship was there!

smithy09

I hope not at 8.00am... The cops were giving the owner a good grilling though. The owner was just thanking Allah he had the ship in the way of him and passengers and a watery grave.. Good entertainment for the ship's crew though! :D

And by what logic would a wharf be considered a good place for a driving lesson? :wtf:

Logic? We are in Abu Dhabi man... The Quay is treated like a picnic spot by the locals.. We have all sorts going on out there... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have put a claim into an Insurance company that read along the lines of - The roof of my Landcruiser, which was parked at the time, was torn off when it was hit by a boat. Which is 100% true, the roof was ripped off by a boat, a barge to be precise. $22K later and a bitch fight over them wanting to write it off, just to increase the pool of spare L/C parts I suspect, she was up and rocking again without a sun roof the size of a very small country.

Got a cool photo somewhere that shows the bow indented shaped remains of the roof peeled back, from the front, to just behind the back seats and the 2 lads driving along like on some safari in this almost roofless machine. Hell drive back to Akl, rather windy it was. Strangely enough there was no arguing over it all bar the fix or trash bit.

Haha. Photos or it never happened KM!

The funniest thing with this one is that the guy driving had to sign a statement saying that the ship was in no way responsible for the accident. This instruction came from on high in the parent chartering company. Captain was not impressed. Heaps of paperwork for one silly f*ck-up.

Archived