percy jones gold cup

what a mean day for a couple laps of the harbour. Really good course choice from bbyc and heaps of fun and home in time for dinner in one of the longest races of the series.

Saw and had a couple good wipe outs with one at pace.

Smiles all round from my boys.

Wish they were all that good.

We had a bloody good day out there too, loads of fun. You guys did well to clear out on the fleet. We topped out at 17.65kts on the way to passage rock and had plenty of good surfs.

All smiles until the trip back into the marina... it looks like the engine has blown a head gasket. Fineline's going to be out of action for a while :cry:

a great day had by all- notorious out without skipper on board and we struggled a couple of times!! too much canvas coming backfrom haystack and then witnesing the carnage on the run down to passage rock held off the spinnaker till past browns and a bit more searoom to play with.cost us a bit but even after only managed about12.7 peak speed- 17 pretty impressive fineline!.

(notorious' record around the 14 mark in normal conditions and 18 with 62kn up the bum!)

the beat home much more sucessful averaging around 7.7 kn with less sail up and the ability to pass beers down the rail easily!

anyone see any results posted??

were we mostly late at the start becuse we are useless or was there a timing screw up somewhere- i had another 2 min to go, but we were a bit disorganized having just broken the vang purchase trimming at the 5 minute mark.

Promise too had a great time. Nice to have a decent breeze. great course and home before dark. only 4 up so a bit light for the conditions, copped a bullet off Rangi knocked me off my perch into the cockpit. Promise rounded up in a huge broach. Grabbed Paul before he went in the water, filled the bath all wet to the waist, thinking Hmm still have a way to go! Get around Browns a couple of hours later staying in touch with Waikiwi and Tour de force, surfing down waves got a 13.9 and then a death roll. Huge chinese this time! Fortunately we didnt break anything or anyone. Surprised we got Promise to stand up again just let the vang go, gybed the main and off we went...Rounded passage just behind the other two but once on the wind, waterline length took over and away they went. Cant wait for the Southern 600 races, hope to convince a couple more stewarts to come out and play.....

It was one of the best yachting days we have had for a while great breeze, sunny and warm.

888 had a great time good course just wonder where all the other boat were particular the multis? The gold cup series is good fun but doesn't have a huge following these days.

It was one of the best yachting days we have had for a while great breeze, sunny and warm.

888 had a great time good course just wonder where all the other boat were particular the multis? The gold cup series is good fun but doesn't have a huge following these days.

I cant say where the multis were but there were at least three different race series going on on saturday. Maybe a bit two much to choose from

Yep, great day for a yacht. had a couple of minti moments but the great crew work got the hull back under the rig without any damage.

great ride down to passage with both truxton and whitebait passing us at speed, good skills all around. Looking forward to a big bash for the last race.

Archived