Which club?

I have a 5.5m centreboarder/daysailer and it isn't a class boat and am looking to join a club for casual racing or events - can anyone tell me which Auckland club offers open class centreboard events? Tx.

Where are you in Auckland?

Obviously with it being a non-class boat you don't want to travel too far for racing that you could have locally.

Which club you choose would also come down to what you expect out of the club - ie. Adult sailing lessions, kids opti sailing, a few beers at the end of the day etc. etc.

I'm in central Auckland, boat's on a road trailer, so can go anywhere really, but requires a ramp. However from the club website I've looked at I didn't see one that had an open class fleet of odd's n sods. I suppose it would be father and daughter sailing and pretty casual/social.

Baggywrinkle! Come to French Bay.

I am loving it - it's very casual, the fleet is very mixed, it has a strong learn to sail program and junior program, a few jollyboats, a few lasers, my Topaz, a sunburst or two, a couple of Zephyrs. Great bunch of people and doesn't cost too much.

We sail with the tides and launch off the club's ramp.

www.frenchbay.org.nz - come this Sunday morning and have a burger afterwards! It's about 20mins from the CBD.

Zoe

Fairly sure there was a boat very similar to a precision 185 when i raced my 3.7 out of Pt Chev. Had a father and daughter racing on it, with little furling jib and stuff. So maybe pop down there on their next race day, they are very friendly...

could also consider to sail with the upto26 club as well.

If you decide to upgrade a bit (big prod and a masthead kite), could also sail with the sportboats out of Westhaven.

Archived