Mechanic / watch keeper for GC, Queensland to NZ passage aboard Nordhavn 60 in the November - mid December '23 window.

Owner/Captain would like to have a watch  keeper with sound marine mechanical / basic electrical competence to join him and an experienced watch officer

As this is my first blue water crossing, we are wanting to have the surety of someone good with the general marine systems on-board.

Vessel is modern, well founded and highly spec'd. 

Expect the trip to take 8-10 days once weather-window confirmed.

Naturally we will get you to / back from the boat to your home port in AU or NZ.

Ok, Please don't take this the wrong way. As you have no other answers perhaps I can offer a few thoughts?

The Tasman is not to be taken lightly, and December can be windy. Expect to see 40-60 knots at some stage and you will likely not be disappointed. You may be lucky, but don't count on it. You may be unlucky and see more... Consider before leaving what your heavy weather plan is.

I have done the Tasman more than 10 times, including Solo, and over 50000 blue water miles. You say in your ad that you are on your 1st bluewater passage, that's cool, we all have a 1st. Is the boat NZ registered and therefore Cat 1? If so, the crew experience is part of the Cat 1, and that would encourage a potential crew that you and your mate have sufficient experience.

However you are also saying indirectly that you are not technically up to running a vessel of this type, and are looking for someone who is. Someone who is competent, (Qualified?) AND has the watchkeeping experience would likely expect to be Skipper. I would. 

I'd also advise a checksheet for use underway, preferably every watch, including visual inspections of all fluid levels (Oil, Coolant, Steering fluid, hydraulics etc, for all motors incl Gensets etc), and write down/mark the oil pressures normal position, oil temp, engine temps etc so you have a baseline. Deliveries are the most dangerous voyages, as you are learning the vessel.

Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine!

• Upvote 1

Absolutely back up everything IT has said , having seen the results of two aborted power craft deliveries across the Tasman , that I chose not to be involved in (as the most qualified) it is a passage to be taken seriously.