AI is coming for your job and your countries economy

I put this question to the AI system called ChapGPT .  Make of it what you will....

--------

You

A yes or no answer only please. Is there a chance that AI could cause the world's economies to collapse in on themselves as there is no longer enough humans working jobs to pay for goods and services?

ChatGPT

Yes.

The same question asked a couple different ways:

________

You

A yes or no answer only please. Is there a chance that all current "sit at desk" jobs could be replaced by AI in the future?

ChatGPT

Yes.

You

A yes or no answer only please. If it is true that there is a chance that all current "sit at desk" jobs could be replaced by AI in the future, then is there also a chance that physical and trade labor jobs could also disappear as well because the rest of the population do not have jobs and therefore do not have the money to pay for those trade services?

ChatGPT

Yes

• Haha 1

AI is real though - your grandkids kids are going to live in an unrecognisable world in short order -- I am talking 15 to 20 years from now or less.

20 hours ago, MartinRF said:

Behind the scenes:

https://spectrum.ieee.org/unicorn-startup

/Martin

Very interesting article, thank you sir.

The last paragraph:

"AllDone’s story highlights the unseen but ongoing role of human workers on the frontiers of automation, and it demonstrates why it’s too soon to forecast a future of full automation or a world without work. The interdependence between generously compensated software engineers in San Francisco and low-cost contractors in the Philippines suggests that advances in software automation still rely not only on human labor, but also on global inequalities. 

While this may be true - for this particular company - as at April 2024.... that will not be true in April 2034.  AI will definitely be advanced enough by then to work better than any 'human algorithm'.  

I also have a moral repugnance against hiring workers in 3rd world countries denying home country workers a job because you can pay the offshore worker $2 per hour -- but probably not something to explore in this thread as I could see it going political very quickly, and political threads are no longer permitted on this forum and fair enough.

• Haha 1

I'm less worried about AI replacing work than I am about AI replacing democracies.

I will allow that, in our case, AI would probably work better than the type currently on the Treasury benches.

• Haha 1