Upto26 winter race 1

ab1974

Race was abandoned as I had hoped. Bean Rock race mark was missing .................

Where were all the usual Upto26 race entrants? Only 7 starters across all the classes. We were the only 'mixed' fleet starter? Did the weather forecast keep everyone away??

I'm not racing this year after no communications on meetings from the club. Was on the committee previous years but received no notice of any meetings held this year aside from too late coincidently in passing by Rob from PCC.

My only guess input wasn't needed from the mixed class this year.

RAYC look to be meeting the 1/4 ton racing desires better this year.

I think things may have temporarily imploded until there are other people with a desire to actively take part. (std club challenges)

I Would have been very keen to race this year with the RAYC this season- but personal life this year actually means it's better for me to take a step back anyway.

Intending to sail SIMRAD on Smokey Joe and race with Squaddy on Thunder this winter.

Most of the SR's are out of action this winter, And those that are racing are racing from BBYC. If we play with the quarter tonners we dont really have anyone to race against. At bucks we get the 88's and 1020's - And judging by the sunday just gone they are no match either for the giant killers :-D :lol: :lol:

Most of the SR's are out of action this winter, And those that are racing are racing from BBYC. If we play with the quarter tonners we dont really have anyone to race against. At bucks we get the 88's and 1020's - And judging by the sunday just gone they are no match either for the giant killers :-D :lol: :lol:

Oh oh oh ....pick me pick me......

Have been wanting to line up against an SR again lately to see how much I've gained with the new mods.... Somehow I don't think that we are going to keep up with an SR off the wind....but we should be alot closer......

And given how well some of the 727's are sailed.....if it was a WWLW.... I'm hoping your sailing the SR's well!

Hmmmm now looking at some of the available history...

SJ Win/Loss Summary against SR's...

Boat name Races Wins Losses Design

Mercenary 1 0 1 SR26

T Rex 4 2 2 SR26

Train Smash 2 2 0 SR26

Travellin Man 12 8 4 SR26

And that's before we've done some pimping. (Probably find the boat is slower now!)

Mercanary put SJ well away though in the long course race...

How long ago were those races? I havent lined up against you in the last year i have owned the boat so probably a while ago. The SR's are getting faster and faster dont you worry. Although its a bugger the racing is on the same days as BBYC or i would come out and join just to see. Somehow think i may know the outcome though unless its quite breezy uphill work. The new keels and sails made a big difference to the boats!

Being pretty level around the tracks with the 1020 this sunday just gone was good fun. We are normally pretty level with the average 88 and biting at the tails of the likes of Dangerzone at BBYC Racing. In 8-15 knots windward leeward racing is mint, fully hiked out in 8 knots of breeze and got height to burn. Then turn the top and boogy off! Gotta love the SR's!

Are you doing small boat or shorthaul for the Simrads Toles?

Are you doing small boat or shorthaul for the Simrads Toles?

Not sure as yet..... I guess I'll follow suit of the 727's that are taking part. Crew that will be with me is a novice.

Started sailing late this summer!

Still no reason why we won't be up to speed for July.

Ah sweet, hopefully they stick you with us and you do shorthaul with us! :-) You would smoke a 727 on the longer legs wouldnt you?

To be honest- a well sailed SR and us are VERY similar in speed.

We have more sail- but are heavier.

When it get's windy the 727 seems to go better with the less rag up.....Having a kite the size we have did us no favours in the 1/4 ton event....we 2 sailed when it got really windy whereas the 727's managed to carry their kites.

In the light we "may" have an advantage.

In the moderate- very very even racing.

It's really come down to who's making the best calls on where to sail.....and no F-ing up.

The race I did against Mercenary was about 2-3 years ago.

May get an advantage now off the wind with being able to run a Genny now....yet to find that out as don't have a Genny yet!

To be honest- a well sailed SR and us are VERY similar in speed.

We have more sail- but are heavier.

When it get's windy the 727 seems to go better with the less rag up.....Having a kite the size we have did us no favours in the 1/4 ton event....we 2 sailed when it got really windy whereas the 727's managed to carry their kites.

In the light we "may" have an advantage.

In the moderate- very very even racing.

It's really come down to who's making the best calls on where to sail.....and no F-ing up.

The race I did against Mercenary was about 2-3 years ago.

May get an advantage now off the wind with being able to run a Genny now....yet to find that out as don't have a Genny yet!

Did you mean 727 in your first line or SR26?

Lol Toles... You're asking for it!

FYI while you're quoting stats..

Racetrack has ( in order of quickest boats)

668 smokey Joe

667 quarter pint

650 mumbo jumbo

Hmmmm...I think you better come racing over winter!

Archived