COLDPLAY GET NEW CARBON BEAMS

Im giving COLDPLAY a make over too,for next summer racing , from 2.5 mtr wide to 3mtr beam with new carbon beams, hoping to get more power out of her , our fleet of little cats has grown to 12 boats, now everybody is getting faster and faster and more tweaking is going on :thumbup:

post-10443-141887180892.jpg

post-10443-141887180895.jpg

post-10443-141887180898.jpg

I like it :thumbup:

I have a bunch of questions.

What is the new LOA? and where did you get your beams? What will you do about road transport for it, demount?

Mostly asking because I want to have a larger catamaran someday but still keep it trailerable.

Thanks.

i know that some of the tornado cat trailers tilt the boat up, so that it isnt so wide?

are they wider than 2.5? big confused on the max road width..

Hey guys coldplay was 5.8 frm tip to sten

And 2.5 wide ,now she 6.1 on the water and 3 mtrs wide u can tow 3 mtrs on the road as long as u flag it all up , and day time only , we races with 4 Ts.down in Tga and one of them his a tilt trailer soon as it come into workshop il copy it and make more 4 the boys, and 4 the beams killwell in rotoura cost me $400 half weight putting her together 2 nite take more pics later on in week happy sailing

Coldplay started on trade me ,Came to bombays to look at this cat 8 year ago now, did some homework and found out it was a 5.5 raider frm M/T first of the egg ply boats all the fitting are the same as a GBE , u could no more then me !! next year I'm going 2 build 2 new carbon hulls frm Tim Cs !!! :clap: il

well she at the club rigged up, frist day was fun lucky we had lots of beer onboard , sh*t was happing fast, we got a DNF sh*t happen !!! went out sunday and push her hard in 14 to 18 knts and came home happy ,,,here a pic at club rigged up

post-10443-141887189954.jpg

She's up and going, well she was! We were going hard and i heard this sound that u dont want to hear. I put new J boards in on Wednesday, and i think she had that much lift that we pushed the beam through the deck!!Back to the workshop to find wot happened and found no strength under beam. She will be back on the water soon! Again!

post-10443-141887191663.jpg

well well well coldplay is going hard on wednesday nite racing, but back to the workshop to fix starboard hull now ,Did the same thing as port hull, got two weeks to fix before the tga raid ,Thats wot you call going hard!!!! nice carbon headcam Lance !!!

post-10443-141887194624.jpg

post-10443-141887194629.jpg

Archived