ETNZ SL33

Yep, good sailors will pick it up, but what about the French, they have ggos sailors and experience in Multis, even Oracle is ahead of TNZ in terms of multi experience???

Peyrons accepted, most of the remaining good French multi sailors are missing.

The French teams, as always, will struggle for money and to a lesser extent organisation and infrastructure.

Oracle, Artemis and ETNZ (all traditional cup teams) are the only serious contenders. Oracle have a clear advantage both in terms of time in multihulls and time with wings, they do however appear to be quite distracted trying to make their 'vision' for the cup actually work and ETNZ / Artemis will be hoping they lose a little focus and it translates into an exploitable flaw. Alas, Russell et al I suspect are far too experienced to let that happen when it counts most.

A slight correction on your grammatical tenses Squid, the good sailors have already picked it up, the question is can they take multihull sailing to a new level?

Interesting that all three of those teams have serious kiwi contingents.

Could have been some brown undies out there today.

They went out just on lunhctime, with it blowing a bit. First boat sailed out of the viaduct, catching a couple of good gusts as she headed for the entrance. A rare look to have the first 5 feet under inside the marina with quite alot of hard stuff around.

Most unusual aspect was they immediately pulled some crazy reverse handstand. One moment she's bow down and half buried, next moment bow is 30 degrees up showing both boards.

They then blatted up and down the harbor with full main and big genoa (on the downhill bits).

Came in with a reef in i think.

were there vids on sail world the ones I seen weren't to go public we were made quite clear on that they were showing us what a punishing they were putting our gear through on them looked awesum though

Na it was supposidly a good 25 -30 they caught out in with full main and code zero on and just sending it hard out towards tiri she nearly went like squids pics a couple of times

Is it just me or are those rigs pretty bendy ?

I haven't seen one in real life so dont know how much might be pre bend, but I am imagining the rigs start off pretty straight ?

post-2522-141887184864.jpg

Those were taken this afternoon, they went past us with all the media in tow, then just after the rib full of cameras left they flipped.

Archived