The Butcher

El Toro

Know the current owner and will be passing his workplace later in the day - may be able to accidentally bump into him.

Last I heard it was being checked out by someone in Auckland with cruising aspirations but that was a while back and could easily have changed by now.

It is in Tga, getting a few mods - keel etc. - it has been purchased by a syndicate here of about 8 people, who previously owned Honeywell (Be Bad) and previously Drop Dead Fred. Maybe it should now be called Be Bad Butcher or just Bad Butcher. they are looking to go offshore as well as locally race.

Interesting... stoked to hear its getting a fitout, hope like hell they stay around the same parameters as myself and the 1050 boys

Be careful there Choppa you might get what you wich for and they might re-name her "The Pork Butcher"!

Yep the keel has been hacked off and the dock talk is that some pretty impressive sounding mods are planned, including depening the keel, filling in the cut away stern somewhat and repositioning the mast, will be interesting to see the progress.

Yep the keel has been hacked off and the dock talk is that some pretty impressive sounding mods are planned, including depening the keel, filling in the cut away stern somewhat and repositioning the mast, will be interesting to see the progress.

Wonder if any discussions took place about the future of the trenches?

Will be interesting to see how the keel works out - probably a lot of so-far-untouched potential in that area.

Hi Tom

Just got back from a few weeks sailing in Fiji. Bruce will be there till bout 5th August. I'm one of the syndicate members. Have met you a few years ago as used to sail a lot with Zoe when she owned Cool Change. PM me (I'm not sure how to do this) and I'll keep you posted on progress. Haven't been updated in the last week where progress is upto, but a few things getting done to it.

Also not sure where the moving of the mast bit came from........

the moving the mast bit was just one of the rumors floating around. It made sense to me as I vaugely remember speaking to Pam, who was one of the owners when it was in TGA last time and she was never happy with the new rig setup.

I see the old keel is on trade me now.

Would be interested to have an idea of what the new keel setup ends up costing.

Hello

on pig hunter the bulb was down to 2.25m still original flat bulb minus 300kg.

When change the keel get it back 15cm plus 5 degres backward and bulb altogether was 65cm

back because i still hat the flat bulb I like a lot i rake it 4 degrees as thats about as the boat usually sits when upwind (nose down). it improves the boat quite a lot.

titop

Archived