Iphone help

El Toro

How in gods good name do you get rid of the TYPEPLMN that comes thru when people pxt my iphone?

In doing so it lists the number, not the name of the person... Have had some interesting moments with people and Ive no friggin idea who they are.

Help!

An OS update eventually fixed it for me. The other thing you can try is storing your contacts phone numbers in the format of the received pxt. Sometimes that's +64 and sometime its 02x xxxxxxx.

It was a real pain for a while when I had to store contacts in both formats because the iPhone only recognised incoming caller ID for phone calls in one format and texts in the other.

Forgive me as I am an apple novice, never use itunes in my life.

I looked on apple website and it told me simply to plug in and it will update to 4.3 automatically... well it hasnt.... am running 4.10.01

Is there anyway I can force an update... Ive tried pushing the update button on itunes under 'Help'

?

Forgive me as I am an apple novice, never use itunes in my life.

I looked on apple website and it told me simply to plug in and it will update to 4.3 automatically... well it hasnt.... am running 4.10.01

Is there anyway I can force an update... Ive tried pushing the update button on itunes under 'Help'

?

On the main iTunes page down the left hand panel you will see your iPhone listed under DEVICES. Click on your iPhone device and it will bring up all the details about your phone. There is a big button under Version called Check for Update. click on it and go from there.

Give that a try.

Ahh here is my mistake... I am running the most up to date OS...which explains why it wouldnt update! I was looking at modem version, so the most up to date OS is on the phone.... issue still remains.

Have called Vodafone and they are going to look into it

Cheers

Archived