ETNZ base to become a 5 star hotel

I have also been told that the "people" behind all this development are connected with the issues at Westpark. :silent:
Isn't the dude heading up the Volvo stop over the same one who horrendously fecked up the World Rowing Champs to the tune of 4 or 5 mill? But then again if any project like this does only overrun by only 5 mill it'll be one of the cheaper ones so maybe that's a good thing.

I'm getting spammed by some Akl Volvo Stopover outfit. Lots of bells, whistles and flash shite emails saying go to a website.......... that has lots of bells, whistles and flash shite but doesn't actually say anything.

I think the Akl Council is doing well, only a small handfull of water based business's that are actually by the water left now, the rest have been pushed out to handy Henderson, Albany and Takinini. Now all the ACC has to do is upgrade the roading system so all the vehicles from those business's can drive to where the work is i.e. the water. If they hadn't done any of that just think of all the consultants and staff that would have to try and justify their jobs some other way.

And what total w^&#$@r is brain dead enough to suggest the 'Viaduct Precinct' (a wank name there for sure) will ever look anything like this... for a start the ACC is still pumping in to much sh*t, the real brown smelly stuff, for the water to become that clean.

post-646-141887185113.jpg

Actually it looks pretty much like that now. They've finished most of the buildings, the trees are in place and the steps are pretty close to done as well. New foot bridge opens in September.

So that people can sit by the water and eat their lunch.

I think someone has forgotten about the inevitable slime and muddy silt that builds up on these surfaces.

But it will look pretty for a few days after each water blasting.

I'd quite like an artificial beach near the end of Queen's wharf. Somewhere in town to go for a swim in the harbour.

But there is no muddy slime build up in the artists impression!! There are no barnacles or oysters in the artists impression either .... or fat people either for that matter. :roll:

One day I'd like to live in a perfect world that's just like an artists impression ........... actually, on second thought no I wouldn't.

I'd quite like an artificial beach near the end of Queen's wharf. Somewhere in town to go for a swim in the harbour.

Surfs up....

Before McCullums stopped using Wynyard wharf to discharge sand there was a nice sandy beach there (see pic) it is no where near a nice looking now as it was a few years ago.

wynyard beach.jpg

Isn't the dude heading up the Volvo stop over the same one who horrendously fecked up the World Rowing Champs to the tune of 4 or 5 mill? But then again if any project like this does only overrun by only 5 mill it'll be one of the cheaper ones so maybe that's a good thing.

yup - but don't worry - I'm sure the guys that hired him did their due diligence on him. Who actually is running the stop over - is it under WDA?

The Hilton hotel on the end of Princes Wharf in Auckland is now up for sale and the Westin is no longer the Westin (it's now called the Viaduct Hotel and the bar and cafe on the ground floor are both closed with brown paper all over the windows). Combine this with a news report the other day saying that hotels haven't had many bookings at all for the Rugby World Cup and its starting to look like an even dumber decision to be building a new 5 star hotel in Auckland.

When the Hilton empire decide to get out of the market and all the other hotels are struggling, why is it smart to be spending big money on getting in?? :problem:

I personally know the guy that ran the Rowing World Champs. If I recall, the loss was about $2m. Easy to poke sticks after the fact, but try running an event for an amateur sport, where the World Body pockets the global sponsorship and you have to get NZ companies to basically cover your costs, during a massive NZ and global recession. I suggest you go an have a look at the Mighty River Domain, at Lake Karapiro and you will see a huge positive transformation from prior to the event in the facilities etc.

May be we should not have these events in NZ. What do you think the Rugby World Cup will lose? Might as well just consign ourselves to our rightful place at the arse end of the earth :roll:

Archived