matiatia marina?

khayyam

Think they'll have to argue extremely vigorously to get approval to reclaim part of the bay to park cars. Approval for reclamations have to satisfy not only the Auckland Council, but DoC as well (who then make a recommendation to the Min of Conservation who provides the approval).

Sounds like a very worthwhile project and not by a developer either. It would benefit the whole community.. Some greeny will jump on it and try and squash it for sure...

It'll be interesting to watch the huge wealth on the Island fight the huge greenie factor the Island also has. Could be a good battle that one.

It'll be interesting to watch the huge wealth on the Island fight the huge greenie factor the Island also has. Could be a good battle that one.

I think the greenies will win this one again. I had one as one of my lecturers last year and they marked me down for writing to the assignment question. They love a fight and unfortunitly theres to many of them at the moment.....but things are changing

It will just be a re-run of what Sandspit Yacht Club is going thru in trying to establish the marina there. The Herald article is wildly inaccurate in respect of sandspit, Taplin does not speak for Sandspit residents, he was kicked out as chairman of the Sandspit Residents & Ratepayers Association earlier this year because he was using SRRA as the vehicle for those opposing the marina rather than representing the members views. For some time the opponents are issuing a stream of defamatory emails to members using a stolen mailing list from the club. The picture on the opposition website suggesting the location of the marina is not even correct, let alone the misleading statements made therein. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, esp from greenies. Just great eh.

just thought I share the latest re proposed marina in Matiatia Waiheke.

submission now closed for resource consent:

AKL council received 314 submissions

252 in support :D

56 opposing

6 neutral

Regarding the article in the NZ Boating Mag:

The application has not been completely withdrawn due to Fullers' concern over the wave attenuator etc.

Application processing by Auckland Coucnil is on hold while the issues raised in submissions is worked through.

Archived