coastal video's

From one of the other Ross 40s (Yeah that dot on the horizon that finished 3 min behind you..) Great job, really well done. When I figure out how to edit mine, I'll post it!

I can see we are going to have to line up with you more often. I really enjoyed that race. Dunno how you went so fast up high, but it worked well for you. Even more puzling is how Satellite Spy came back from the dead at Brett.. We thought they were gone..

A few minutes of vid from Urban Cowboys trip north. This is all new to me so no claims for quality. I have a few minutes of the after match function and Saturday morning - internal use only for the most part.

To you 'mob' on 'U-C' Well sailed, great video, well worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing!! Notice the camera lense - does several funny things (not so ha ha) to the mast bend. I'm sure it's the lense distortion though, or the mast may well have come unstuck, big time. The apparent - parallax error - of the camera lense distortion is really alarming to look at. You seem to have had lots of powwer/presure even with the windward runners so slack. Very well down guys!! SUPA video & thanks. Ciao, james.

From one of the other Ross 40s (Yeah that dot on the horizon that finished 3 min behind you..) Great job, really well done. When I figure out how to edit mine, I'll post it!

I can see we are going to have to line up with you more often. I really enjoyed that race. Dunno how you went so fast up high, but it worked well for you. Even more puzling is how Satellite Spy came back from the dead at Brett.. We thought they were gone..

Smithy, I knew you would see this and did wonder how much reference to 'those other Ross 40's' I should leave in, but ultimately concluded WTF. One day the boot will be on the other foot and I will have to grin and bear it. Across Bream Bay we were down to a #3 jib and reefed main, Urban loved it, no spectacular speeds, but good consistent high numbers, very enjoyable.

With regard to video editing - its all new to me. Send me a pm and I will share with you how I have gone about it. Perhaps we can do lunch.

To you 'mob' on 'U-C' Well sailed, great video, well worth waiting for. Thanks for sharing!! Notice the camera lense - does several funny things (not so ha ha) to the mast bend. I'm sure it's the lense distortion though, or the mast may well have come unstuck, big time. The apparent - parallax error - of the camera lense distortion is really alarming to look at. You seem to have had lots of powwer/presure even with the windward runners so slack. Very well down guys!! SUPA video & thanks. Ciao, james.

Yes, its a bit of a fish eye so both mast and runners are distorted at various times. Mast actually behaves itself quite well in the standing up straight department these days.

Is that Marshall Law that you guys on Urban Cowboy are rolling at 6:38?

It could be. it was about there and about then that it all happened.

We were busy comparing ourselves to Satellite Spy and they had one tuck in the main and a jib top while we had full main and a #3 and it was remarkable how consistent the boats were in terms of height and speed. We were both just trucking along pretty much the same. Satellite Spy then popped a chute and went lower, decided their spreaders needed a thorough cleaning and the keel needed a good airing and were last seen heading for the Poor Knights ..... only to magically appear on the bow in the dark at the Brett.

Urban Cowboy meanwhile snuck past at Sail Rock and went into stealth mode, but ultimately got us by a matter of minutes at the finish.

Great racing.

Smithy, I knew you would see this and did wonder how much reference to 'those other Ross 40's' I should leave in, but ultimately concluded WTF. One day the boot will be on the other foot and I will have to grin and bear it. Across Bream Bay we were down to a #3 jib and reefed main, Urban loved it, no spectacular speeds, but good consistent high numbers, very enjoyable.

No worries. :thumbup: :thumbup: If we knew it was you guys up high we would have been saying the same things, and probably concentrating a bit harder.. We were too fixated with Satellite Spy. You should have heard the comments when Satellite went over and stayed over.. Not much sympathy!! :D :D It was great racing with the 3 boats, and I hope we can do it again soon. I'm sorry we didn't catch up in Russell It would be very cool if someone boaught Jesse James and got her out as well.. Ross 40 class anyone??

Archived