coastal video's

Ha thats not much water compared to what we had in the dark during last ssanz race.

We only had 2 extras at the back so it wont change much.

As Tiller posted it doesn't seem to make any difference how many extra's are there. With no rocker it just keeps going through em.

I am always amazed at peoples claims of top speeds during these races. most of the footage with kite up was max 22knts of breeze.

Most we saw whole race was 26knts true wind of course

Really? we had 26knts app while doing 15knts boat speed - topped out at 17knts

some of the puffs further offshore were def in the 30's

we have some footage somewhere just waiting to get it from the camera - will post soon think there is some of the Truxton

Ha thats not much water compared to what we had in the dark during last ssanz race.

We only had 2 extras at the back so it wont change much.

As Tiller posted it doesn't seem to make any difference how many extra's are there. With no rocker it just keeps going through em.

I am always amazed at peoples claims of top speeds during these races. most of the footage with kite up was max 22knts of breeze.

Most we saw whole race was 26knts true wind of course

There were some snotters coming down just past Whangerei heads.. We got our top speed of 18.4 knots with #3 up in one of them which had to be above 35kn (Didn''t look). Ask Satellite Spy. They got the same squall. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We thought they were never coming up!

Just guessing the wind speed. I was too busy to look.. :D :D :D

Most of the time from Kawau to Tuts it was around 20-22kn true. Just those odd "bullets" coming down off the hills. I know we had 35kn at the end of the Simrad 100 miler that laid us down, (And stuffed a few rigs as well) and it was as strong as that.. We got 16kn with the chicken chute up in that... Boat speed seems to be spot on accurate. No re-cal needed..

It was certainly Truxton's angle and wind though. They went past us like we were standing still and we weren't! Nice job guys. :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi Craig i was suggesting "skinny" as in skins needs a recal of his wind gear seems to be plenty of people seeing more than 26knts of true breeze

Gotcha. Thought you had a typo there..

Archived