Two Handed RNI

Jon

I know never thought I would own a keelboat.

mmmm whats worse for the rating canter or water ballast?

Any one planning on doing a long two handed race for qualification miles?

White island is a dud starting a day after the same division leaves like last year so is there anything else?

I know never thought I would own a keelboat.

mmmm whats worse for the rating canter or water ballast?

Any one planning on doing a long two handed race for qualification miles?

White island is a dud starting a day after the same division leaves like last year so is there anything else?

You could always leave the Coastal Classic finish boat to starboard and be the first back to Auckland. That'd cover it.

Found her, she's listed as a Ross 914 though, the same as Physical Favours. Going on some numbers she a lot quicker than a 930, even quicker than the turbos by enuff. Going to be one to give the Booboo boat a bit of a hurry along and if Karma plays up she should be close on her heels.

Looks like there's going to be a ripper of a battle in that part of the fleet.

PF is the plug - BO is the real deal. Cool Runnings from Manganui was the first one, Craig had a little play with the design before he built BO. Compared to the Demo in performance it's a little quicker upwind while we're a knats' quicker downwind - beat 'em by about 2 mins in the 07 Coastal so Waka will have similiar issyews as we're quicker upwind than Waka being that bit bigger n heavier. Blackout went round the NI 15 mins quicker than Bullrush in the race they did. Have to be good yachties to get as much as Petal and Dr Dave got out of it tho

See Boating NZ June 02 page 16 for full press and piccies

Good matchups up n down the fleet -should be good

Ah ha my dear Mr Wal, that makes it all suddenly come together. The 930 reference in the entry list had me well confused. The world can continue to spin.

We had a good line up with them in the long simrad race. We just beat them I think but it was a very close race, and I think you are right Wal, they will be quicker upwind and just cracked.

I think it will be very fast around the North Island and we will have alot on to beat them.

I am stoked that there is some good competition for us this year!

"I think it will be very fast around the North Island and we will have alot on to beat them.

you still have to get around a couple of caravans first!!!! :clap:

Hey Sharpie, That is true but Remember we actually beat you by 2 hours around the North island last time!!

Time To Burn Bakewell-White 9 09:39:33

Waka Thompson 850 9 12:01:59

Second Nature Elliott 1050 9 14:02:54

Helly Hansen Whitebait White 12 9 16:35:57

Danaide Beale 11.6 9 20:47:12

twist it any way you want :problem: i thought the race was based on a low points scoring system :mrgreen:

Boat Name Type L1 L2 L3 L4 Total L1 L2 L3 L4 Total

Second Nature Elliott 1050 2 3 2 1 8 1 4 3 1 9

Waka Thompson 850 1 1 7 2 11 3 1 6 3 13

bloody formatting!!!

600's are looking good giddy popped another out last night

Haha well elapsed time is elapsed time....... we offically sailed around the NI faster that you! :wave:

Yeah Giddy sent me some photos of the NS600, looks mint, i might have to pop around for a closer inspection tonight. You realise its one bottle of rum for every NS600 that gets built out of my mold!

I laid up another rudder skin last night, came out mint. only one more to go now!

Do you guys need any more carbon? I have tons of thin offcut scraps.

And the entries are still coming in

What is it with all these southern boats ?

aren't there any races down there.

The talk is that the limit will be extended so if your keen defiantly still enter

That is awesome eh!

I would think the white island this year could be quite big with everyone needing to do a qualifier.

Yeah - we'll almost need a bigger volcano

FYI Blackout isnt actually entering. It Was a maybe for a while, but the owner is going overseas for a while. I was going to be crew on the boat, but have entered my own boat a Ross 930, 'Redline' instead. So Craigs old boat wont be in the race. But I will be!

Stu.

That is awesome eh!

I would think the white island this year could be quite big with everyone needing to do a qualifier.

Yeah - we'll almost need a bigger volcano

Now that's tempting fate!

Hopefully there will be plenty of 2 handed entries in the coastal too. At some point we are all going to have to get together and stage the customary 'talk-it-up-cup' before the race.

I haven't actually been to White Island so perhaps it is big enough after all.

Archived