Insurance

Changed

Went to re-insure the baot this week and got given a long checklist document that needs to be completed before I can re-insure next year. Very comprehensive survey, including out of water inspection, rig, interior and electrical checks. Have any of you experienced the same request? The price of ownership perhaps?

I've seen this when buying insurance for the first time but not so much at renewal.

Who is asking for it?

Any events likely to have triggered it e.g. has the boat just clocked over a certain age or have you made a claim in the last year etc?

Just renewing some work Insurance and one crowd has packed a shitty as I can't tell them within 5% of what our turnover will be for the next 12 months. I bet you serious bucks they couldn't tell me theirs will be either.

The they got shitty again as I don't tick a few boxes. The fact I told them I have no idea what the acronyms meant and I had to sign the bottom saying I did, seemed to be totally irrelevant.

Maybe me suggesting they were writing the forms in Insurance dribble speak purely so if a claim was ever made they had a built in out probably didn't help :?

All quite bizarre.

We didn't have to get an inspection, but we did have a lot of form filling and question answering when we renewed ours earlier this year. I hope they don't go getting too over the top.

I bet you serious bucks they couldn't tell me theirs will be either.

Likely somewhat less than normal if they carry on like that.

Sure, Insurances companies are finding things tough at the mo, whith profits way down, but what they fail to see is that if they get tough on their clients, they lose business and the result is that they still don't make the profit, or maybe make even less.

Archived